Book Worm

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Irish Flair

Irish Fest was today. The Tossers played the main stage as well as Wild Colonial Boys and they were both excellent. After having one Gueiness, a Finnegins, and a corned beef and cabbage egg roll (very good) I was ready to check out the Marketplace. Apparently, i should have done this earlier in the day. I ended up with a purse, a necklace, and a ring. I now have plenty of flair and there is no longer any reason for a complete stranger not to know that Irish is part of my heritage. But i must justify the purse. First of all, I haven't purchased a purse since this last Spring- I have shown great restraint all summer long. It also has lots of zippers and compartments, is a blue that will go with most outfits and has a design of Irish love knots, which I like immensely. After listening to the great music all night, I think I've decided that if I ever end up married, I will need to have Irish jigs, German polkas, maybe a drinking song or two, and some 80's tunes during the dance portion. It sounds like a great combination to me- but no live bagpipes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home