Walgreens counseling
This is something i've been meaning to write about but haven't gotten around to until now. Have you noticed how willing the cashiers are to talk at Walgreens? The last two of three visits I've gone, (of course its my fault because I asked) when I asked how they are doing in response to answering them that I'm doing well, they have gushed on about their concerns. And these were two different cashiers, possibly at two different locations I don't remember. Now I won't say anything specific as to protect client-therapist confidentiality, but it made me wonder if their customers are truly the only people they have to speak to about their issues; do the managers of these stores encourage them to really open up and be honest? The last time I was there I purchased a knee brace for when I run and as a nice turn around, the cashier appeared genuinely concerned about my leg and hoped the best for me. I had to tell him that really my legs are fine and I just wanted a little extra support for preventive measures. I'm not really sure if this counseling thing is a pro or a con. I suppose if you want to feel needed, go to a Walgreens, purchase a pack of gum and ask the cashier how they're doing, as I am certain they are just waiting for someone, anyone to ask.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home