Check two off my list
So at least have achieved two of of my goals thus far. I completed the half marathon within the alloted time and did not get picked up! (although there were quite a few transport vehicles which would have been willing) Given my bum ankles which i had been laying off for the last two weeks and more or less the two weeks before that excepting a few aggravations, I am happy with that outcome. I don't know the official time, but i finished in approximately 2 hours and 42 minutes. That's slightly better than a 13 minute mile. But i figure, the chances for improvement in the next one i run are pretty good. And I followed my plan pretty close. I started off running about a mile (I really like running with the masses and didn't want to leave them behind) but then, in consideration of my legs, started with the walking 3 minutes and then only running a minute or two at a time. Given that i walked as much as i did, and not being the last to finish, I know there were at least 3 behind me at the end and possibly a few more than that, I feel proud to wear the shirt and use the free orthopedic surgeon shoe carrier i received.
Another goal is reading all of little sister's books that i want. I'm pretty sure i read all the good ones (and some of the not so good ones) I want- and i've still got 2 weeks to spare. So she can lock her books up and throw away the key as far as i'm concerned. Yay!
Other goals are still in progress. The exercising daily kind of got put on hold for a while- but i ran a half marathon and feel like that should excuse some of the slacking i've done. However, i will pick that up again and had done well the two previous months . The guitar also got put on hold and may possibly stay there until this fall. My nails are shamefully long as i have not played in awhile. The other one- the completing and passing all of my classes- is still up in the air. The classes are all done and i am only waiting on one grade. I definately passed all the other classes with flying colors though, if that is any indication (i really hope it is). That's all i've got for now.
Hopefully people can now post messages. Sorry that was blocked before. I just hate spam.
Another goal is reading all of little sister's books that i want. I'm pretty sure i read all the good ones (and some of the not so good ones) I want- and i've still got 2 weeks to spare. So she can lock her books up and throw away the key as far as i'm concerned. Yay!
Other goals are still in progress. The exercising daily kind of got put on hold for a while- but i ran a half marathon and feel like that should excuse some of the slacking i've done. However, i will pick that up again and had done well the two previous months . The guitar also got put on hold and may possibly stay there until this fall. My nails are shamefully long as i have not played in awhile. The other one- the completing and passing all of my classes- is still up in the air. The classes are all done and i am only waiting on one grade. I definately passed all the other classes with flying colors though, if that is any indication (i really hope it is). That's all i've got for now.
Hopefully people can now post messages. Sorry that was blocked before. I just hate spam.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home