Book Worm

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Big Foot

It does exist! Its me actually. I have one big foot due to excessive swelling. I'm pretty sure its from the running and possibly from not doing anything about it when i first started noticing my foot was hurting a bit. Oops. I finally wised up enough to get a Futuro Sport ankle support that is designed to prevent re-injury (too late?) and keep the skin dry by somehow releasing sweat (because i want to keep my sweat hostage). I'm supposed to run 1o miles today and i think i will. I've got the brace on and had a Red Bull (my new favorite pre-running beverage) and i had a disgusting power bar (i felt i was lacking protein). I'm not sure how great 10 miles will be on my foot, which is why i haven't gotten the running gear on yet. I think that i will be okay?? The worse that could happen is that i won't be able to walk on it tomorrow. If that happens- i'll tone down my workouts until day of the run when i will take all sorts of painkillers and things like IcyHot or BenGay (right? i have never used either of those) and hopefully make it the 13 miles that i get to do that day. So yeah, i guess i've just talked myself into a run. Hooray! (I might need more Red Bull)

1 Comments:

  • At 11:17 AM, Blogger Unreasonable Man said…

    Icy Hot and Ben Gay won't do much for sore ankles. They are made more for sore muscles.

    Be careful on your foot/ankle... that could really screw up your training regimin.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home