Old people should not always be driving
So i had 2 encounters with old people that i should not have had to deal with. I'll start with the second as it was not nearly as frustrating as the first encounter- although it happened shortly after. Simply, a little old lady (they are always small) had her car half way out into the road, waiting to get out. I had to essentially drive in the other lane to avoid hitting her. That's all. It just wasn't safe. But the other one probably would have amused me if i had been in a better mood. I had just finished getting some groceries and this car is kind of diagonal in the exit to the road. There almost was enough room for me go get on the right side of them, but i figure, this sidestreet is not that busy, it won't take long for this car to pull out, so i will wait it out. I was so wrong. It appeared to be a little old man with his little old wife. First of all, they kind of sat diagnollaly a bit before completely approaching the road and straightening out their car. At this point, we must have sat in our cars for 5 minutes or so. I couldn't really see the driver, but the poor wife, she kept turning her head left and right, back and forth. Apparently, if a car is visible at all, it seems these folks do not deem it safe to go. There is a stoplight that would keep turning, and with each rotation a few cars would go through. After these, there may have one car in the distance from the other way, but they did not go through. I considered backing up and going out another way, but by then, there was a car behind me probably wondering why the heck the first car is not moving. They finally jut out, and drive across the street to another parking lot and stop the car- like that was too much for them to take. I didn't stick around. I was crabby today. I just went home. But, it is times such as these that i know my profession has a place in this world. Someone needs to take that "older adult" and get them a driving screen. This would promptly result in the removal of their keys and make the world a safer place.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home