Book Worm

Saturday, September 16, 2006

Dear Wauchula, how i will miss thee

I don't mind posting the name of the town where i was in Florida now that i'm gone, as before its very possible you could have found me out- its a very small town. But now I'm far, far away and you can look up the town and see where I was living. But small as it was, there are things that I will miss. I'll start out with the most important- the clients i got to treat and some of the clients i didn't treat, the therapy staff and the other students that were in a similar predictament as myself. I don't know if i would have made it without the other students- they were wonderful fun.
Other things i'll miss include:
-drinking wine while watching quality tv like So You Think You Can Dance with my roommate
-the Bowl of Fun. This includes the bowling, the Karoke, the regulars that i met, and actually becoming a regular myself.
-Going to the City Limits to drink and sing after midnight. The place is also known as the Country Club or The Liquor Lounge. Again, met some quality people although I am still somewhat bitter that we were not allowed to sing Goodbye Earl there. We did however get in some Garth Brooks.
-The Rat Dog. There was this raggedy black dog and it looked like a drowned rat. He lived next door and sometimes would be fenced in, however, he'd often be roaming free around by the front of my place. It really won a place in my heart in the end.
-My neighbor and her wonderful cats. I now have two neices which happen to be cats, actually four, as i'm pretty sure i'm an aunt to a couple cats up here too. Is that strange?
-The lightning storms- sometimes it wouldn't be raining and you wouldn't really hear much thunder but there would be this incredible lightning across the skies- as in horizontally. It was very cool.
-The thunderstorms. The south sure knows how to have a storm (except when tropical storms are expected). When it rains down there it really pours. Its fantastic. Enormous drops of rain- lots of lightning again. But it stops after about an hour and turns into a beautiful day. The clouds pass through so quickly down there.
-The rainbows. These generally come after the storms- but with the storms being daily there were a lot of rainbows.
-The birds. This includes the cowbirds and the sandhill cranes. But all the birds were enormous types. Different fauna from the north.
-The flora. Everything very lush. Palmettos and orange trees are all over. I also liked the trees that were covered in vines. The flowers were bright and more tropical as well, and everything was green.

Well, that's all i've got for now. I've got to get prepped for Monday- start a new internship. Wish me luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home