Not lost, just... misplaced
So I am pretty notorious for putting an item down, getting around to doing other things and forgetting where I put them. These items are often my car keys or my phone. I never exactly lose them, I just misplace them for awhile. I end up finding them by retracing my steps and finding whatever it was I couldn't find.
So today, I need to pick up a book from the library and go for a run. I don my running clothes and pack the rest of my running gear in the car and park by my library, get my book, change shoes, throw said book and purse in the car and I'm off running. So its not a great run, but I'm out there, and I decide to do a loop to my house. (I avoid backtracking whenever possible.) I skip my strides and come home. I think I did okay, cool off, have some water, shower and get on with my night. Only hours later, do I remember that my phone is in my car, and its something I'd like to have. I go down to my garage, only to see that my car is missing. My new favorite worry is that my car will be towed. So i stand a second, and think, "did I park my car on top of my hill instead of the garage?" Not having lost my car, you see, but it is very much misplaced at this time. Then as I retrace my steps, a wave of remembrance comes over me and I realize that my car is still parked at the library.
My car is now back home, safe and sound. I am only grateful that I realized I had misplaced my car tonight instead of early tomorrow when I am trying to get to work.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home